The Black Horse, Gozzards Ford, Abingdon are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their growing team.
The current vacancy is for Kitchen Porter with the potential to train further in the catering trade to become our Kitchen
The hours available are Friday evening, Saturday evening and Sunday all day.
Kitchen Porter responsibilities include:
- To clean allocated pieces of heavy catering equipment using instructions and cleaning materials.
- To dispose of waste materials from catering areas to designated collection points.
- To operate industrial dishwashers in all catering areas.
- To transport provisions, equipment and other catering related items as required.
- To maintain clean working environment at all times, with special regard to hygiene.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s
Kitchen Porter Extra responsibilities include:
- To assist, as required, at special functions, some of which may occur outside normal working hours, for which you will
be paid overtime.
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
- To attend meetings and courses, as required.
The ideal Kitchen Porter:
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Literate and Numerate
- Ability to achieve performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
- Hygiene qualification, or equivalent
- Previous catering experience
Job Type: Part-time